Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wordpress mess

I am fixing up my blog using wordpress and boy! what a pain in the neck. I am not Wordpress savvy. I am way much better messing around tweaking Blogger Templates. It's my first time messing up with Wordpress templates and all its widgets and little details. I have been sitting in front of my pc, trying to figure out the set up. What made it much worst for me is that, I am also self hosting for the first time. I had to face the FTP crap and all. My head is completely puzzled. I have no idea what I am doing. The only good thing is, I still manage to laugh at my work. It's kinda fun but boy! it's really time consuming. For few hours, I managed to reach the wordpress admin and that's where I am now. I have learned to upload Wordpress template using the FTP. I tried modifying my template header and the look of my blog was completely ruined. My side bar went to the bottom, hahaha. I'm a genius. I love myself. So I uploaded the original header back. Now it looks okay but still, I don't know how to add my Google adsense codes, my shoutbox codes and etc. In short, I completely have no clue on how I'd make my sidebar inputs right. I wish it won't take me weeks to figure this out. Where are you wordpress fairy? help your confuse friend.

No comments:

Site Disclosure

Tipsy Tips