Thursday, October 4, 2007

Boost Mood

Ever wonder what you need to do to boost your mood and improve symptoms of depression? According to research, anything that gets your heart rate up for at least 20 to 30 minutes, works best to improve symptoms of depression. These could be exercise like running, biking or while even short walks.

I must admit that I am sometimes lazy in doing exercise. I tried yoga and taebo and other short exercises but I always go back to my favorite, dancing. This is why, I like the idea of having a buddy during exercise. I always fail in some exercises because I gets bored at our exercise room exercising alone. Or maybe, I just don't have enough will to do so. My mother always say that when a person WANTS, there's a lot of way to make it happen but when a person don't want, less motivated, there's a bunch of excuses he could make to cover up or defend his weak will. I think mom is right. I am just thankful that I like dancing a lot and I do it in a regular basis. I think the beat of the music and the freedom of movement gets me more. So far I am doing good at it and I really believe that exercising affects my mood. I am happy that I am burning calories, I feel light and moves easy. Makes my day more bright and fun. How about you guys? what exercise work best for you?

No comments:

Site Disclosure

Tipsy Tips