Thursday, March 31, 2011

An Elaborate Valentine's Day Shopping Plan

Post contributed by Josue Durham.

After more than 15 years of experience shopping for Valentine's Day presents for my wife, I like to think that I know a few tricks about finding the perfect gift. I've practically gotten shopping down to a science, as I have a specific routine down that makes me more efficient and maximizes my spending.

I'll start out by snooping around at home a bit, to see if she's out of her favorite perfume or running low on her favorite type of wine. She also bends down the corners of magazine pages on items that she likes and is thinking about buying, so I'll browse through these to get a few ideas. I make up a short list and figure out an action plan of stores to hit. Then, I set the home security alarm from http://www.SecurityChoice.com and head out.

This year, I decided to go all out. We recently redecorated our home offices and I know she's been interested in getting some additional decorative items to go in her office. I found the magazine she'd been looking at with a whole spread that she had earmarked. I knew some of the items were pricier than our decorating budget had allowed, so I picked out a few pieces that I knew she wanted. I'm going to set it up the night before and I know she'll be thrilled!

No comments:

Site Disclosure

Tipsy Tips